Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Self-control

Self-control 2 years 4 months ago #6590

• Vicki
  • Premium Member
It took me a minute to respond in this thread because I am very disheartened learning about the judge. I loved and respected him and I hear you brother but it doesn’t take away the disappointment because it was so painful and damaging to so many others. I have to agree over these past few years we have had some real clear images of people who lack self-control and witnessed the damage it always causes, including death.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Self-control 2 years 4 months ago #6591

• Shawn
  • Premium Member
Yes well, now so much makes since. He wasn’t my father, I share the same father as Mia. She did start to come around after Pop Justin had a paternity test done on me. I wish my mom was alive so I could hug her and tell he it’s all right. I’m so torn up about all of this.

Self-control 2 years 4 months ago #6592

• Lydia
  • Premium Member
Poor Becca, I am learning by seeing first hand how dangerous and destructive it is for anyone who has not masted the “Self”. We can clearly see how devasting one person who has not mastered this can truly be so, I’m going to always make sure I control myself above all else and that includes controlling you mouth. Mason’s having a problem with two of her daughters who say the most terrible things to her. It’s kind of scary because they think what they are doing is hurting her, in truth their lack of control clearly hurts them more and it will be even worse when Karma finally hits them. You just can’t have any good luck when you say the things they say to their mother, Mason you don’t deserve that and you are loved by many people so please let this roll off you back as best you can.

Self-control 2 years 4 months ago #6593

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Thank you Lydia :cheer: I am. I’m used to it so I know how to role my eyes and consider the source.

Self-control 2 years 4 months ago #6594

• Loreen
  • Administrator
I, like Courtney, have had to learn to control. Life has a way of teaching you that sometimes it is us that makes things hard. I had to learn that it’s not good to say whatever I wanted to say with little to no regard for the people we are speaking to or those around us. It’s a selfish need to say what I thought was more important to be said and never did I consider others around me, only getting what I had to say out. This is seriously lacking self-control and the serious consequences I experienced taught me that I had to evaluate myself. I’m still working on it and this article I think has nailed the coffin shut for me. It’s devastating, the negative affects a lack of self-control has on others and we have to care and correct ourselves when we recognize this in ourselves.

Self-control 2 years 4 months ago #6595

• TJ
  • Premium Member
I not only surprised by what we’ve learned about James I’m very disheartened. To me it just goes to show the world that we can’t continue to think position means a person is good. I think this article drives home how one’s lack of control can literally destroy lives. I experienced it growing up and like Mason and Carmine, developed an immediate ability to control my tongue, which I think is the first step to controlling self. I’m glad I learned the lesson early but it was a painful lesson, emotionally, spiritually, sociologically and physically.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds