Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Winter 2021 Meeting

Winter 2021 Meeting 3 years 1 month ago #6015

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
Okay.... the meeting was very emotional and many of you don't see a light at the end of the tunnel in regards to the racial injustices we are experiencing in this country today. I can't say that I blame any of you as there is literally no reason to believe things will change because they never seem too. All I can say is The Most High Still sits on the throne and it behooves us all to keep our faith in the Most High and only the Most High. But lets talk about some of our concerns. I'm looking forward to the discussion this month,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Winter 2021 Meeting 3 years 1 month ago #6016

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Okay let's talk Dr. Seuss and some of these Disney movies the republicans are all upset about. Help me out..what is going on. Was Dr. Seuss racist? I'll say this, if anyone thinks pulling a few racially insensitive books means anything will change, you are wrong. They always do something like this while systemic racism grows and those continues. I have no faith that anything will change because there are to many racially intense things ingrained in our society. This country was built on slavery. Slavery has always been an issue in this country, and law enforcement was established to police black people. Until they reconstruct that organization, black men, women, and children will continue to die at the hands of law enforcement. To many people support a president that tortured children at the Southern border. The shouted the "N" word at all the black officers guarding this nations capital. Black people had to co clean their shit and piss of the floors and walls. I'm really upset and have no faith in this countries ability or willingness to do away with depressing and oppressing black people.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Mason.

Winter 2021 Meeting 3 years 1 month ago #6017

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
Dr. Seuss was racist and he didn't even really like kids. The six books that are out production should be out of production. It's offensive when it came to Asian and Black. They are as follows:
"And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street"
"If I Ran the Zoo"
"McElligot's Pool"
"On Beyond Zebra!"
"Scrambled Eggs Super!"
"The Cat's Quizzer"
They should be out of production.

Winter 2021 Meeting 3 years 1 month ago #6018

• Mike
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 1
At the end of the day, most white people harbor some form of racial animosity towards black people and it has spread to other counties, In some Asian countries they think black people are so dark because they don't bath. They think they are dirty.. I struggled with my intense dislike of Asians for quiet some time. I felt they were social communist buying up land in America and eventually we'd get a Genghis Khan or Attila the Hun and that would be a problem.I don't like the Korean's they are ruthless well I didn't but I'm better now. I'm good with Blacks, always have been. I've seen my share of racism and I've even been on the receiving end of it so I know how it feels. With that said Black people have been slaughter, and caged up far to long and it's time to make some changes. I would be nice if the were more unified, black men turn on their own to much and that's what intensifies the situation. For example, who's that black Tim Scott, he's a disgrace if you ask me.

Winter 2021 Meeting 3 years 1 month ago #6019

• Ebony
  • Elite Member
You know we aren't the only country who suffers from racism. I watched the interview Oprah had with Megan and the prince and the level of racism in the royal family made that vibrant woman suicidal. They had to leave, I also think at some point the media does need to be put in their place. They were brutal toward her and they lied all the time. It's not just here. I think the whole slave trade situation made it acceptable to annihilate an entire ethnicity. The added emphasis Mason has put on African American History has been extremely eye opening. I am learning as I teach it and I'm brought to tears just trying to imagine what our ancestors were subjected to and forced to endure. I'm real feed up with the total lack of regard to the fact that we breath surrounds us no matter where we go. They have even moved to Africa and taken over. I just wonder when if ever we are going to be delivered from this oppression.

Winter 2021 Meeting 3 years 1 month ago #6020

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
I watched the Ebony and I have to say I was stunned. I also tried to watch the new story about Billie Holiday and I could not finish it. It wasn't just the racism, it was the horrible way women were treated especially by black men. i was reminded of what my mother went through with every black man she married. The all beat on her and beat on us as well. they were mean to our animals they were absolutely repulsive to me as a child. I saw so many horrible things and as an adult woman, things were not much better. I was never beaten but I know women who were. You see God is really good because I had far to much rage to be a batter wife. I do not forget. I do not get over. I do seek revenge. If I lived after the first beating, he would not have much longer. I know myself and fear is and always has been something I don't have. Her mother basically told her it was time for her to be a prostitute at the age of 12. She was a prostitute, abandoned by the father of her children and forced to make money however she could. Billie Holiday had a horrible life and it was hard for me to watch. But...I am glad stories like these are being told because the world needs to know.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds