Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: October Article "Choices"

October Article "Choices" 2 years 5 months ago #6506

• Loreen
  • Administrator
I decided to have an abortion when I was eighteen years old. I broke up with the father and my family thought I should keep the baby for religious reasons but I simply did not want to be a single mother. Everyone in the church was angry with me and they were constantly preaching to me and doing everything in their power to convince me not to have an abortion. No one would take me, no one supported my decision but I was the one who would be responsible and it was my decision. Even the father was angry, saying he would have married me if I had agreed to keep the baby, that would have been a big mistake because the woman he is very abusive to the women he did finally marry and I can’t help but feel I somehow had a feeling he was an abuser. He was very controlling, and said mean things when you angered him. So, I felt it was the right choice then and I don’t regret it today.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 5 months ago #6507

• Ryan
  • Premium Member
That woman we thought was our grandmother, was a demon and she hated me. She only liked Josh. She always said mean things to Candy, and she always put me down. I hated her. I saw my dad one day walking to his limo and I ran away from the group I was with and called out to him. When I reached him his face crumbled and so did mine. I through my arms around him, got into his car and we drove away. Half an hour later Candy called and dad sent a car for her. She called my that woman yelling and screaming and everyone who know them and were so called friends turned on me. I didn’t care. We have new better friends now and we even have our grandpa, our real grandmother, who is seeing Vince by the way, :lol: and our new gran who is Kendra’s mother. YAAA life is good!!!

October Article "Choices" 2 years 5 months ago #6508

• TJ
  • Premium Member
I’m going to tell everyone the best decision I ever made was to join the Gnostic faith. In so doing I found a family in more ways than one. I didn’t have much before The Ephesus Group jumped out at me while surfing the WWW. But I’m sure glad I clicked on the link and found my life. Everyone told me to ignore what I was reading on the site. No one took it seriously. But I ignored them and I’m so very glad I did. I have good friends, my mom is in my life, I have wonder family, the coolest dad on the planet, and a brother whom I know will be there for me no matter what. I have five, siblings whom I love more than life itself. I’m so much better for the choice I made and that is so very obvious.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 5 months ago #6509

• Beth
  • Premium Member
I think it was my first marriage as well for me. I was told, by my ex’s family I was going against God for not wanting to stay with a man that was hurting me. I wasted enough time and I had one side, my family, telling me to leave and getting upset every time I decided to stay because of his family, and his family getting upset every time I even thought about listening to my family. My family won in the end and I left that fool so fast it shocked him. I’m glad I finally saw the light and followed my heart.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 5 months ago #6510

• Linden
  • Premium Member
I would have to say trying to reason with my father. It almost cost me my life and I should have listened to everyone who advised me not to do it. I hoped he would prove everyone wrong but in my heart. I doubted it and I should have followed my heart and listened to everyone who thought it was a bad idea. It was a lesson that again, nearly cost me my life.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 5 months ago #6511

• Jazze
  • Premium Member
Well like my brother I’d have to say it was deciding to stick with our dad and not go back to live with our mother. I’m so glad we didn’t because to me she lives a crazy life and I know my life would not have turned out to be as well rounded as it is now. Parenting matters so I want to be a good parent like my father. And I’m glad I followed my heart and chose to remain with him when the courts asked us at the age of fourteen and twelve.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds