Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Okay...Let's Talk About Serious Issues

Okay...Let's Talk About Serious Issues 3 years 6 months ago #5712

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
It’s Heavy Kelton and I’m serious. I should be on top of the world but it’s like a weight sometimes. I go into poor communities and I’m accepted because if my looks. I smile and I get the “White boy you lost?” A lot and I say “Man and no. I came to hang out with the Bros if that’s all right” Sometimes they laugh, sometimes they nod, never are the threatening, never do they tell me to leave, never do I feel unwelcome. They know why I’m there. I don’t know how but the know I’m not there to threaten them, to harm them. One brother told me I was in distress and I was where I belonged. I agreed. Sometimes I just feel better around the Bros. I feel safer to be me, and I like Soul Food.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Okay...Let's Talk About Serious Issues 3 years 6 months ago #5713

• Luke
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Me too Marcus. I’m getting a little tired of the black people make me feel threatened. Only if your racist. Because they never make me fell that way. NEVER!

Being us, you would think we should be on top of the world, but we’re not. Dad did it. He grounded us early in life and it gave us morals, compassion, fucking HUMANE!!!!

Okay...Let's Talk About Serious Issues 3 years 6 months ago #5714

• Jess
I am Jewish but I have never really felt any repercussion for it. My father took my mother’s last name and there was nothing to indicate we were Jewish. So, I am a green -eyed, light brown-haired man who breezed through life much like Mark. I have never felt any form of discrimination until I admitted I was Jewish, part Jewish. I had minor incidence. For example, a patient cancelled our sessions because he was embarrassed about some of the comments he’d made about Jewish people. I do think Mark knows he has every advantage and the result of that is a person like trump.

Okay...Let's Talk About Serious Issues 3 years 5 months ago #5715

• Marc
  • Premium Member
I pass as white even though I am half black. I have blue eyes and a bright complexion until the summer when I become a golden-brown color. I have curly light brown hair and honestly, it’s my sexual orientation that causes me to be a target of discrimination. I have not always had an easy life because I grew up with not good parents for the first 8 years of my life, until I went to live with my auntie and she saved my life. I was very sick. Everything I am is because of her and My Uncle and I love them very much.

Also, as a person in law enforcement, I am fucking disgusted with the grand jury decision in Kentucky regarding Taylor. I’m disgusted. He got in trouble for putting a pregnant white woman in danger, not because a black woman was murdered in her bed. But we are supposed to have faith in our system that so clearly makes it plain that there are to forms of justice in the United States.

Okay...Let's Talk About Serious Issues 3 years 5 months ago #5716

• Jay
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Like Marc I pass as well. I’m part native American with really light-brown hair that sometimes has gold highlights. I have light brown eyes and I agree with my uncle, good looks isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. And we need to always remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I’ve had a privileged life not personally experiencing real forms of discrimination nor have I had any barriers in life. However, I have witnessed others experiencing these things. I have black friends, latin friends, and females who are also discriminated against quiet often. I’ve seen it and I’ve always spoken up and was once fired with the black girl I stood up for when I was young. The lesson I learned was, always stand up for what is right because that very pretty black girl helped me get started in my career when we were older and we were lovers for a while. I clashed with my racist white father constantly and I didn’t sit on the sidelines when I saw unjust shit and I still don’t.

I’m pissed about Breanna Taylor I really am. She was so pretty and had her entire life ahead of her. I’m tired of witnessing the two forms of justice we have in this country. I will never get used to seeing murders kill black people in cold blood. I’m tired of seeing it.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds