Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: August 2020 Meeting

August 2020 Meeting 3 years 7 months ago #5630

• Carmine
  • Elite Member
Hello Forum family :cheer:. Well, this meeting was very solemn. We all noticed how Kenosha is spotlighted in the news because of another police shooting of an unarmed, non-threatening black man. Jacob Blake was shot seven times in the back just because he would be a good little “N” word and bow down. It’s not that they feel threatened, it the need to dominate, to exert unwavering control because they are better and the blacks will bow to us or die, that’s what this is all about. They are even killing white people. This is why it’s hard to rectify this problem the violence toward anyone who stands up is profound. To stand up is to prepare to be martyred for the cause. The warrior in me say let’s stand up and make the preparation.

Kenosha was a major city in UE so it was shocking to see it in the news. I thought about the sheriff there in UE and wondered what he would have done, how would Jess have handled this? I could see him, without being coaxed, firing the officers who did that and standing up to any back lash he got for it. I can see him standing up for right. He did it so often in UE. Where are the Jess’s in the world?

Where are the men and women in law enforcement who are willing to stand up to the bad ones? I know we have to officers in our group who do stand up, some of you have even left the job because of the struggle. The only people who are threatened in this county are black and brown people with an emphasis on Black People.

Black Lives Matter!

Let us stand up for this premise. Let us be willing to get into good trouble as the late great John Lewis taught us, and let us never forget all those who have been brutalized, the children, the young adolescence, and the grown men who the police have gunned down in this country in the past few years. We stand in solidarity with the families of these cherished family members, uphold them in our prayers, and honor them by keeping the memory of their sacrifices alive as we go forward.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

August 2020 Meeting 3 years 7 months ago #5631

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
My input in this thread will mimic what I told all of you during our meeting this past week. Listen, all we have to do is open our eyes and we will see through the lies the current administration is spewing. The bottom line is Trump is not a law and order president he is a law-breaking president. He does not care about law only enforcing barriers and restraints on our minority communities.

The republicans have cut so much from social programs that gave needed aid to those living in poverty. Trump is trying to take even more. He is a racist. He wants to continue oppressing, suppressing and disparaging black people so his support remains with bad officers who help perpetuate his premise, his views and beliefs.

Those people in the video Rocky posted, hey, if they can’t see their own future is in jeopardy under this man’s leadership or lack thereof, that’s their problem. He’s taking away health care, if they don’t want affordable healthcare that’s their choice. The man is a bonified liar, if that’s what they admire that’s their problem. If they don’t believe Covid -19 us real and want to attend his rallies without mask, let them catch this thing and die. Listen, Covid is so very serious. Think about not realizing you have something going on inside your body and you get this. You will be very sick and possible die. It’s leaving some with chronic illnesses. Chris has a dry cough he is still battling. He tires easily, he’s lost weight, he’s just not the Chris he was before Covid. I know three people who have survived but have they really? Is it just waiting to flare up again and take them down slowly? Will they ever be completely recovered? No one is really talking about how those who appear to survive suffer long-term possibly permanent health issues.

Take a long hard look at those people in that video Rocky posted. None of them looked well off to me, none of them look wealthy or even rich. They are working Americans who will rely on Social Security when they get old and are unable to work. This man is doing all he can to get his hands on that money now. If they don’t care about what will happen to them when they are too old to work, that’s all right by me. Look at them! See them in the faces of all those like them, spot them, do not be pulled into any interactions with them. It’s time to step away.

Let’s worry about the people who do care. Let’s focus on the people who hear that voice and heed it. Leave them, just as Virgil did, and let’s move forward without them. The ignorance I saw in that video was staggering. It was enough for me to wash my hands.

Listen I was reminded of a biblical story, remember poor Lazereth and the rich king. The rich king’s dogs ate better than starving people he just looked over. They both died at the same time, Lazereth went to paradise and the king went to part of the underworld where there was pain and suffering. Keep in mind any pain felt is mental because the physical body is dead. Anyway, when the king looks across the what the bible called a chiasm (barrier a great divide) that separated them. He asked Lazereth could he send someone up to warn his family to do better so they wouldn’t come to the place where he was. Lazereth told him it wouldn’t matter, they wouldn’t believe anyone and would not hear them, thus they would not change. He reminded him of all the profits that were sent to them and how they, as did he, ignored them.

People like those in the video Rocky posted are the walking did Yahushua spoke about. Now we see and know who and what they are and what they look like. They have controlled things for long enough. This is what we have to see. Some humans can't be saved. They are nonredeemable, so let’s move on. Keep your eyes open. See how Trump is tearing down our institutions to support his delusions of grandeur. Do not let the media scare you doing what the media does, you just have to know how you are. We will rise like Michelle Obama says we should, we will assist when and where we can to insure every voice that desires to be heard is heard, and we will not abandon this fight. I have five half black children and BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!! This is real.

August 2020 Meeting 3 years 7 months ago #5632

• Marc
  • Premium Member
Well, there comes a time when you know the things that go on are more than you can continue to stomach. I have decided it’s time to take Uncle Mark up on his offer and take a security position with him. I began to get some backlash after coming out at work as both being gay and biracial. I saw a side from more of me co-workers I hadn’t seen in the years I’ve worked with them and frankly I can see why there is a problem between law enforcement relations and minority groups. I had to come to terms with the reality and decide if I want to keep looking the other way as no efforts are made to shift behaviors and attitudes, at least in my district. I told them they did me a favor as I had an offer for a position that pays more and I won’t be subject to the racist, which are the worse, views of far to many of my now former co-workers.

I agree Uncle Mark, if people don’t see this man cares only for himself than that’s him. All we can do is make sure our voices are heard and that we focus our attention on those who do see and care that this man is a disgrace. I just want him out. I do want people in power to start to address some of the issues that have brought us to where we are today. It’s time to wake up and see things as they are.

I’m also glad my kids are in the Gnostic Academy so the pandemic never affected them and it will not be moving forward. I can’t believe how stupid some parents are. There is no way in hell I’d send my kids to public school right now. I just shake my head. Mom, I’m glad you aren’t feeling forced to return to the classroom.

August 2020 Meeting 3 years 7 months ago #5633

• Emily
  • Administrator
OMG Mark, I’m so glad my kids haven’t been affected by this other than having to wear mask in public. I am comfortable knowing my kids are safe. Honestly, white people don’t think this is as serious as it actually is. The think minorities are impacted most for whatever reason, and they are happy to send their kids back to school and be around each other without maintaining social distancing and wearing mask. They are happy to allow trump to tell them it’s not a big deal. I listen to them and shake my head.

We need better leadership at the top that’s for darn sure. That video was so sad. I simply couldn’t believe how stupid all of them sounded. They are driven by they hate I would honestly like to see all the minorities just do a mass exodus out of the country. My heart was pained looking at some the athletes express their frustration with how black people are being treated by law enforcement. I can’t imagine what happens when there are no people around with cell phone cameras. I can honestly see why TJ was so afraid when he was pulled over. They will shoot them in front of their kids, clearly as look at what happen to Jacob in Kenosha. Black children are afraid of the police. It’s not supposed to be that way. Mark asked most of the black children how they felt about the police this past meeting and ever last one of them where clearly affected by just the mention of police. One of the kids said he likes the officers in our group when they don’t have on uniforms. He said the uniforms are scary not comforting. I looked at my dad and tears rolled from my eyes. All the good the good ones do is being completely overshadowed by the horrors the bad officers do. Now Mark is leaving the profession as well. It’s heartbreaking.

Two white men were killed in Kenosha, by a kid. He is seventeen! What is he doing walking down the street with a rifle? If he had been black he would have possibly been shot on sight. This kid walked right into law enforcement and they did nothing. Because he was white he was presumed none threatening. He had a rifle walking down the street and he isn’t law enforcement. That is a threat. My point is, hate does not really care about race at the end of the day, it just needs to be fed. So, I know if all the minorities left this country and did better somewhere else, the hate would easily turn on other white people, staring with Jewish people, then the Latin cultures like the Italians. It would just transfer to the next group. I’m reminded this is hell.

August 2020 Meeting 3 years 7 months ago #5634

• Tony
  • Premium Member
I’m also glad our kids are not in public schools.

Mark, I’m impressed with how well you, Mason, and Luke know the bible. That is profound. This is the value the bible has, if people can see how it foretells the consequences of bad human behavior. That’s true, looking at the video Rocky posted in the last thread proves some people are truly wasted life. I couldn’t believe how ignorant they all where. How bad they looked. Americans are too Fat. All of them Men Women whites blacks. It’s worse on men with their big pop bellies. It’s disgusting. The nasty hair on their face It’s nasty. They look nasty, and the one professing he respected women. WOW!

When I heard about Jacob in Kenosha I just moaned and thought “Not again”. It never ends and proves there is a problem. The republicans do keep taking from the poor and it’s insuring those who live in poverty are easy targets. I’m just tired of being here. I’m tired of hearing and now seeing how bad black people continue to be treated in this country. I have a lot of black friends and I was in the car when a friend was pulled over. I know they will kill a white person as quickly as they kill a black person because I felt very threatened. I had my phone and I was told to put it down. I refused and prepared to lose my life because I would not put my phone down. I wanted to encounter on tape point blank. The cop had an attitude as he approached my friend in the drivers seat. The first thing he asked him was if the care he was driving was his. Black people aren’t expected to have nice cars or nice homes. What does that say about this country? Trump had the nerve to suggest people living in poverty like living that way. Damnit this is what they have been reduced to. Get you damn foot off their neck so they can fucking BREATH! What is getting on my nerves is they always want the family members of the victims to calm everyone down when all the need to do is do the right thing. How dare they put that burden on the grieving, traumatized family members. It’s all so insane.

August 2020 Meeting 3 years 7 months ago #5635

• Adam
  • Premium Member
I had to leave the force. Police work is hard work. It’s emotional. We see horrifying things and sometimes it’s hard to shake those images. It’s then compounded by the notion that we have to go deal with people who have been stigmatized as being evil all your life, lazy, and unworthy of being treated like they are human beings. BLACK LIVES MATTER infuriates to many so-called police officers because they have gone most of their careers believe the opposite. I know I was there. It’s hard to truly appreciate the life of one living in poverty. They live so bad with so little and it simply never occurs to us that it is White America that forces them into these kinds of living conditions. I went to visit the biological father of my adopted children. He admitted he took his frustrations out on his wife. He knew he was getting worse but was powerless to control the mounting anger inside. He couldn’t find steady work, couldn’t provide for his family. He was constantly worried about how he was going to put food on the table. He had bosses that always talked down to him. He was reduced to tears. Now his wife, the only person he truly had, was dead because of him and he lost custody of his children. He thanked me for taking them in and said he was glad they would have a life he would never be able to give them because he is a black man. He is a broken man. Broken by the chains of enforced poverty.

I try to get in touch with Virgil. What a being he is in UE. He went straight to people like this and offered them real hope, real change and the didn’t let him down. He knew they wouldn’t. It was revisiting UE and focusing on Virgil that moved me to visit the gentlemen. I’m glad I did. It changed my prospective. I don’t like what he did, the kids don’t want to see him at all. He doesn’t blame them he killed their mother basically in front of them. They are traumatized and he knows that but he loves them and he loved their mother. It’s something I saw all the time in communities where there is a high concentration of poverty. Violence comes from frustration of not being able to BREATH!

All I know is at some point we can’t back down from the fight of equality. We have to meet this resistance with perseverance, resolve, and determination to make sure this changes for the future of all of our children.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds