Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: If I Led A Nation

If I Led A Nation 4 years 1 month ago #5046

• Ashley
  • Premium Member
I am not sure a democracy can be obtained in the United States anymore and if it meant what is happening right now would never happen again. I would choose a theocracy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

If I Led A Nation 4 years 1 month ago #5047

• JJ
  • Premium Member
I would like to live in a democracy but only if it was true and honorable people were elected into office. I think I like Ebony’s idea of people having to pass psychological test before being allowed to vote. If malice and hate is in their heart’s they should be disqualified from the voting process because it’s the racist, hateful people who are responsible for trump and the republican party.

If I Led A Nation 4 years 1 month ago #5048

• Kay
  • Premium Member
If it was left up to me and I knew deity, I would beg them to come and take over. I’m for the Theocracy hands down.

If I Led A Nation 4 years 1 month ago #5049

• Linden
  • Premium Member
I don’t think I will ever trust the elections again unless they come up with a system that ensures the vote is not being tampered with and stupid people are disqualified and not allowed to vote. I agree with Ebony we need a test of some kind. But I wouldn’t be upset if we had a superior deity appointing the right people in positions of power.

If I Led A Nation 4 years 1 month ago #5050

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Fantastic meeting this week everyone. As we tally the numbers on a preferred form of government, I was surprised to see how many people were willing to consider a Theocracy. I love the reasons why and find myself reconsider my desire for a democracy that works the way it is designed to work. Sadly, we are losing faith in each other. I personally am concerned about Sanders being so popular and in the position he is in. His body has warned him he is not physically cut out for the presidency, he doesn't look like a president, he's not a democrat, but he is arrogant and if he won't even listen to his own body, what in the world makes people think he will listen to them? I don't understand the thought behind choosing him, I don't.

So, I can see why so many are losing faith in humanity when it comes to selecting a leader for this country. Everyone is so worried about beating Trump. So worried they can't see the forest for the trees. In their blind frenzy they are quick to put another form of Trump in office. Someone who has supporters that are just as vicious as Trump supporters. How is this bringing the country together? I find myself wondering if there is any hope that this species will reach a level of moral cognition that allows them to make logical, realistic choices, particularly when selecting someone too lead them. With that said, I too think perhaps we would all be better off if some responsibilities were not left up to us. Sad but hmmm.
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Mason.

If I Led A Nation 4 years 3 weeks ago #5051

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
Thanks Everyone see you in the new thread! :cheer:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds