Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: If I Led A Nation

If I Led A Nation 4 years 1 month ago #5040

• Alex
  • Premium Member
I think some type of higher authority would be a good route and the reason I think it should be deities is because humans are flawed. So I would go with the theology as well but Ebony I liked what you said and agree. I’m shocked that so many of the men would prefer a theocracy but I think it’s probably the best thing for everyone concerned.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

If I Led A Nation 4 years 1 month ago #5041

• Miles
  • Premium Member
My idea form of government is a democracy and what UE shows us is how the Ancients brought a real democracy about. They first leveled the playing field and gave humans a choice of what kind of world they wanted to live in. Just like right now, many chose to live in a world full of tyrants and malevolent leaders. They even tried to keep people from joining the sanctuary cities that soon locked the main entrances to their cities to keep the corruption out. The walls were high but as we recall they weren’t high enough and soon had to be shielded just like the shell properties. There has always been and unfortunately always will be people who want know part of anything right. So I don’t think a democracy will every work because to many people clearly don’t care if it works or not. Being human and wanting fairness, justice and equality, I have to go with the theocracy because it is a safe peaceful way of being governed.

If I Led A Nation 4 years 1 month ago #5042

• Beth
  • Premium Member
I agree, humans are lost and can’t seem to find their way. It they could there would be no need for laws to govern them. It’s sad but clearly true. I think I have to agree with the need for a superior being or beings laying down the law and appointing worthy human officials to key positions of authority. It needs to come out of the hands of humans because to many of them will not do the right thing. I wish they would do like Ebony describes but that’s too much like right and there are too many humans with no right in them.

If I Led A Nation 4 years 1 month ago #5043

• Doug
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I think it’s not only scary that he has people who continue to support him, I think it’s deplorable. How could people not care about what he’s doing? How can they be so willing to sacrifice our democracy for this horrible administration? It’s not just the man at the helm, it’s the party he represents. All of them are deplorable, especially the ones in the congress. It’s really hard to maintain faith with this type of thing happening right before our eyes. I honestly thing we should be forming a backup government to fix all the damage this administration is causing and to repair the broken republican party even if it means calling them something else. I think we just need to be willing to take steps to do what is right for the good of our democracy even if it means shutting some people out. I would like to see our democracy really work.

If I Led A Nation 4 years 1 month ago #5044

• Barb
  • Premium Member
I would love to live in a country with a real democracy but I agree that is not what we have right now and I’m not sure any of us knows what that feels like. I would like to live in a place that has a real democratic system with real people who honor that system.

If I Led A Nation 4 years 1 month ago #5045

• Josh
  • Premium Member
I would like to live in a true democracy were everyone has a say and people are all treated equally, fairly, and without bias.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds