Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: "Trials & Tribulations" is on an amazing Encore!

"Trials & Tribulations" is on an amazing Encore! 4 years 3 months ago #4954

• Brad
  • Premium Member
I voted for Success also because of the breakdown. I’m also being approached with some measure of anger about this article. And T&T and I tell them the truth hurts. Vicki is right, all of us know of incidents where a white person has done something to a minority simply because they can. They can and they suffer no consequences. Mason made me laugh today, she was talking to Loreen about R. Kelly, she said he’s the black Donald Trump and I fell out of my seat laughing. She’s not happy with him at all.

On that note, trump should not be running for reelection and some of the republican senators need to hit the road. I think terms would be good to ensure men like Moscow Mitch were on limited time. They would not be able to keep up a practice for an extended period of time. I think terms would put all of our minds at ease. I think doing away with lifetime appointment is a good idea for the same peace of mind we all need after this president. I don’t want to run the risk of having the electoral college vote another bad president into office at the expensive of all of us. Never again so bye bye electoral college.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Trials & Tribulations" is on an amazing Encore! 4 years 3 months ago #4955

• Loreen
  • Administrator
I voted for T&T but I also really enjoyed Success I liked what T&T was about and I was also touched by what was said in Success. It was a good year for me all around as a Gnostic :cheer: .

I think if we don’t do terms things are only going to get worse and I’m worried about my children. I really think they should do away with the Electoral college because it makes us feel as if, in the end, our votes don’t really matter. I think we need to have hope and we can’t have hope with bad judges that have been appointed to serve in highly authoritive positions for a lifetime. I have to say I don’t think anyone is comfortable with that anymore.

This president had been the worst and I have known anxiety, and uncertainty like I’ve never felt in my life. I fear we will never be fear of him because he is protected and afforded rights that most of us are not, especially those of us who are of color. The whole situation is very disturbing and I just don’t know why they won’t do the right thing.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Loreen.

"Trials & Tribulations" is on an amazing Encore! 4 years 3 months ago #4956

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Okay...so...okay! So she did this because she was jealous?

"Trials & Tribulations" is on an amazing Encore! 4 years 3 months ago #4957

• TJ
  • Premium Member
I went with Success for all the stated reasons. It hit me in a good way and made it better. This one that spoke to me in a personal way, getting deep where I usually don’t like things to get to me at. It did it and in a way that was soothing. I thought about Louis in UE and how his self-defense protects the most sensitive parts of him unless you approach him the right way. That’s how this article approached that part of me.

I with the group, terms in congress, no lifetime appointments to the courts, and no electoral college. I also think trump should be out when his term is over because he was impeached, even if they don’t remove him from office. I honestly hope Mason is right.

"Trials & Tribulations" is on an amazing Encore! 4 years 3 months ago #4958

• Alex
  • Premium Member
I voted for T&T because it shed light on the core problems in the United States. It’s not a pretty painting but it is one that did me a lot of good to see the complete picture. I also liked Success because it did get deep and built on the lessons T&T began. I like how things build in our articles I love the yearly themes.

I guess terms would always be a good thing. I mean let’s get away from the monarchy ways, no lifetime appointments, and why is there an electoral college in this country? I’m not clear on the need for that. Even if it was a necessary thing way back when, I’m certain it’s not necessary now. And I just don’t understand why they can’t deal with trump’s impeachment in a way that matched the fact that he had to be impeached in his first term. He cut up, he needs to be cut out. I’m not sure why things can’t be simple instead of complicated like they are. I assume it’s the republicans complicating things though.

"Trials & Tribulations" is on an amazing Encore! 4 years 3 months ago #4959

• Miles
  • Premium Member
I voted for Success as it spoke to me the way it spoke to my brother. Even my mother liked Success and she did vote for it. It seems she can still get into her group email and she voted. I think this was a profound one.

I wish we could vote for terms in the 2020 election, I wish congress would say they are doing away with the electoral college because polls show clearly that the people in this country want them to be no more. I also think at some point we need to end lifetime appointments to federal courts I know I’ll rest easy that my kids will have a chance at justice, none bias justice in our courts.

Auntie, this just proves the point of the articles that's all I can say.

I really miss Caleb. :)

All I’m going to say is I hope auntie is right about trump because I don’t know how they think it’s all right that he is allowed to run for office again after he’s been impeached. It doesn’t even sound right.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds