Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: "Success"

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4889

• JackeeM
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I grew up in group four as well. Left it because it’s not an easy group to grow up in. Your opinions don’t matter and you learn that at an early age. You are instructed to go with the flow and maintain the status that goes with your economic status. All day long you have to hear what you should or shouldn’t do, what you have to do, how you have to be. It’s like a cult or something. I hated it so I ran from it. I followed my dreams and found myself. I am glad I did that because I found my happiness. I came to this country and saw some of the hardships of the less economically fortunate and I know many in group two aren’t black or hispanic. There are a lot of white people who are poor and that amount is growing every day. I agree, being homeless is poverty. I found a friend I made when I first arrived in this country. He was shocked I am a she and I was shocked to find him working as a cook in a breakfast restaurant. He was a paycheck away from homelessness. He was a victim of the recession and never fully recovered. Mark hired him to run the restaurants at the resort and he is now able to marry the girl who has stood by him through it all and we are all grateful to the M family for they do to fix broken lives. Thank you Mark, Luke, Mason, and Debra I know your father is proud of all of you.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by JackeeM.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4890

• nicoli
Yep, my little brother is right. My pop was happier with a whiter wife with blue eyes and blond hair who made him look good at all his functions. So, I always hated racism for that reason. I decided I’d be a better person. Then I realized dad was racist. In fact he had several women he saw and all of them were women of color. Siblings…I’m going to let you all in on a secret I’ve decided no longer needs to be kept for various reasons. We have two half sisters and they are half black. I’ve known about them since pop died. They were really young. So that’s what happened to 1/3 of pops estate. MG knew as well and doubled what he left them. They grew up well and are in college now, getting good grades like I insist. No…I know how hard it is for minorities in the United States. I think this article is absolutely right. I reach back as I’ve always done because it is what the Most High has always required of me. When my little brother led me to my faith, to Sir Paul, I knew I had come home. This is one of the best articles written and it is completely accurate in its analogy about excessive behavior. It sums it up after breaking it down and explaining it in a clear and articulate way we can all understand.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4891

• Marc
  • Premium Member
I started off in group two, then moved to group three, and we all jumped to four when mom got with dad. Mentally in in group three. I think many kinds of people come out of group one and what I find ironic now is how I look to the black people in congress to lead us honestly and truthfully. I see all these old white republican congressmen and women supporting a corrupt president acting as if they are no longer for democracy, attempting to deny people the right to vote by refusing to vote on the voting bill. How funny it is that it is black people, a black president that had a spotless record, no crime, no scandal, no marital problems, no problems with his daughters, nothing, unlike every white president we’ve had that I know anything about. I don’t know, all I know is they have tried to keep us down and now they would sell this country down the river to insure they keep their knees in our backs and feet on our throats. Yeah…excess has definitely diluted the truth about crime, and who the real criminals are. Privilege, really? Okay. I’m sorry I’m kind of pissed because this article is proven true by just looking at what is going on in our society and government right now. See the end result of the excessive idea that many white people have that they are superior, better, PRIVILEGED!

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4893

• Jay
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Wow! Excess Woooo. Wanting more than one needs or deserves. Of course, this makes sure there is no room for the less financially fortunate. To believe you are better, chosen, removes all guilty of stepping on those who are not blessed, in fact they are cursed from birth. I heard this growing up, especially from my grandfather on my father’s side. He told me to never feel sorry for them. It was no one’s fault it was just how it is. There are those who have those who don’t and that was Gods way, his will. We did not worship with them no no, I should have known then this was not God they were worshiping. It was there in the church, racism. Tj I feel you pain because I began to notice things that didn’t set right with me but clearly did with others. They were easily led, happy to be cruel to those we were taught weren’t good enough. My cousin was beaten because he liked a black girl. I never forgot it. It did something to me. I read this article and sat down with my father to talk about it. We are products of our environment he softly said, and now that the environment has changed, it’s time to make the adjustments. He said he is willing to make the adjustments. When I looked at him he had tears in his eyes and I nodded. Then he told me he really liked this month’s article, and I was overcome with emotion. Finally, I felt all right showing emotion in front of my father.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4894

• Tony
  • Premium Member
Nico…we need to talk! I want to meet them and they need to be a part of our family. How old are they?

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4895

• Carmine
  • Elite Member
Damn! Never a dull moment.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds