Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: This Is What I Teach

This Is What I Teach 4 years 11 months ago #4054

• Justine
  • Premium Member
Yes, motherhood is a beautiful thing, I’m tired, happy, and proud. I’m grateful for all the family support. I really need it with twins. I can’t believe we did this Adam, they are perfect honey.

Life has taught me that we do have to be true to ourselves or we will never truly be happy. I had to follow my heart and stop trying to be something I wasn’t on several occasions and it’s cost me some fake friends but I all the better for it. I have to say being me has paid off for me in the best way.

Thanks everyone I’m am a very happy proud mother.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Justine.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

This Is What I Teach 4 years 11 months ago #4055

• nicoli
Ah yeah…congratulations to all the new parents. I have to admit, when I became a father something came over me I simply can’t put words too. Responsibility became real to me and my love for my wife was intensified because she brought my kids into the world, mine. It’s an intense feeling.

I agree my little bro is impressive and I am proud of him. I always enjoy his company even as I watch him struggle to just be one of the guys. His position of authority is every present in our minds and I agree with Kelton, this is more than a man made or given position. It’s always been a part of who he is even when he was a kid.

I agree we need to be mindful of our behavior at all times. Our kids are watching, our neighbors, our friends, and people we may never know saw something we did and it affected their lives in some way be it greatly or a little. Jeremy is so grateful and so are his parent’s. He has new friends and lives in a new neighborhood. He’s working and he is so funny. I like being me, and I like being neat Doug :cheer: .

This Is What I Teach 4 years 11 months ago #4056

• Marc
  • Premium Member
Right Aunt Jackee some restaurants know him and they love it when he comes in. :lol:

Congrats new parents it does change you if you’re a decent person to begin with. Remember our topic on okay and bad parents. Only decent people are impacted by parenthood. My father made me the father I am today and I can’t believe my oldest is ten. Mom can you believe that? Seems like yesterday when he was born.

My parents taught me to always be on your best behavior especially in public and there are so many examples of why they drilled that into our heads. They also told us it’s best to be yourself at all times because pretending to be something else was not going to turn out the way we would like. I was gay but I tried to live or be straight because I wanted to fit in. I was miserable. I figured that out at an early age and now I’m glad I listened to my parents. I agree we just need to be ourselves at all times.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Marc.

This Is What I Teach 4 years 11 months ago #4057

• Barb
  • Premium Member
I am so excited that I’m about to be a new mom. I love Doug so much and for his precious daughter to give us the opportunity to have a child of our own is amazing. Thank you Em you are truly special.

I grew up in a house where fake was normal. I was not encouraged to be true to myself, I was encouraged to be superficial, shallow, and vain. This is what my mother taught me. To be a gold-digger. There was no such thing as marrying for love, you married for financial security and I watched her cater to my father’s every whim just so she could live a financial comfortable life. Often the question of how women can stay married to these sorry republican men in congress today, this is how. They are raised to believe the only thing that matters in life is being financially secure. It doesn’t matter if you have a bad husband as long as he’s wealthy or at least well off. Believe it or not, many of people in my crowd were like this. Rod and I married because it was expected, encouraged we did not love each other that is why I’m so glad he’s happy now, and I am as well. We had three lovely children so in the end it was worth it but it’s nice we both found the love I think we both deserve. I like being a better person, fake people aren’t good people. They are excessive by nature, bad parents, selfish, and liars. They have to lie to protect the masks they wear all the time. I didn’t have my mother’s life, thank God. She did things for my father and put up with things I couldn’t imagine putting up with from anyone. I sometimes felt sorry for her but she always made it clear she had the life she wanted, I learned all the things I didn’t want to be as an adult and I’m glad I am now encouraged to be who I truly am.

This Is What I Teach 4 years 11 months ago #4058

• Emily
  • Administrator
You both are more than welcome. I’m glad you are happy and it was my pleasure dad you deserve the son I am carrying for you and Barb! I love you sooo much. All I know is the way my mother behaved in public was embarrassing. I swore I didn’t want to do anything the way she did things. My biggest teacher of what kind of woman I didn’t want to be was my mother. So on that note, I absolutely agree that we are always in a teachable situation and someone is learning, especially if it’s a child. My father is an honest man and he is always the same, so I can safely say I was raised to always be myself as well and together we found our perfect faith to complete our lives.

This Is What I Teach 4 years 11 months ago #4059

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
No Marc and you are going to have some problems on your hand because Gavin is a heartthrob.
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds