Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: I'll Pray For You!

I'll Pray For You! 5 years 1 week ago #3960

• Justin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
OMG :ohmy: It’s unbelievable how bad this situation has become. We are very busy but let’s not get discouraged. There are some secret donors reaching out to assist and we are looking into building Affordable houses. We want to build nice homes and create a pathway to ownership through us bypassing the banks thus bypassing all the difficulties and stumbling blocks placed in front of people that keeps them from owning a home of their own. Low income people need an opportunity to own their own home aside from all the programs that rip them off under the guise of helping them become home owners. There are some good people with money we just have to have our eyes open to the problem and many of us do have our eyes open. The way to stop price gauging and get around all the greedy property management agencies handling rental homes, is for all people as a collective to start to reject what they are doing. The minute the public starts rejecting what is happening the sooner we will be able to get a handle on homelessness. It’s time for people to stop thinking it won’t happen to them because at this rate, it will touch if not you, someone you know and are possibly close too. Prayer and persistence is how the 5% will prevail.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I'll Pray For You! 5 years 1 week ago #3961

• JackeeM
  • Administrator
Justin, I agree. Yes, we have to pray for those like you and Mark who are going above and beyond the call to help those who need it most. All those who are working and have paid rent consistently should be allowed an opportunity to own their home. It’s time to start something new, something worthwhile. But there is plenty of resistance as well. There are others with wealth that downright make threats if you go too far in an attempt to help the less fortunate. Poor people are a commodity. To many are making money keeping them poor and oppressed. Housing in all levels is getting worse. The prisons are horrible as well. Especially those run by states. When they say this country was built on slavery and human cruelty that is true when you read about some of the horrible condition’s prisoners are living in. Alabama prisons are said to be the worse. If you are going to take away someone’s freedom only to house them in a slaughter house, that is the most inhumane act imaginable. It’s happening. They can’t leave, they are forced to try and survive in a lawless environment. There is no law inside these prisons. I mean at some point the whole concept of the law is lost. There is murder, rape all the worst crimes committed in society. They are magnified in a place designed to house people who commit such crimes when they are a part of society. It makes no sense it is heavy.

I'll Pray For You! 5 years 1 week ago #3962

• nicoli
Yes, Mark and Justin work to come up with programs and solutions to some of the housing conditons that are fast brining this country down, While Luke, myself, and a few other attorney’s are tackling some of the legal issues that to many Americans fall victim to. Yes, we have to raise awareness
media.gannett-cdn.com/29906170001/299061...01_5600139905001.mp4

Alabama isn’t the only state having this problem. The bottom line is, these are human beings and it is inhumane to not have any concerned about what is going on in our society. We are turning a blind eye to the suffering of human beings in as far as housing, all across the board. The poor in our society have been victimized long enough. It’s time to do something about all the things minorities have been subjected to for hundreds of years and make it right. I’m all for reparations. Please keep us in your prayers because these are very big problems and there are too many with money who have no interest in doing anything to curb the suffering of less fortunate people in this country.

I'll Pray For You! 5 years 1 week ago #3963

• Marc
  • Premium Member
We have talked about how bad things are in law enforcement. The problems run much deeper and until they deeper issues are addressed the residual problems will continue to grow. We do live in a country where far too many people are content with how badly others are treated. We grow up with ideas that are engrained in our mentality that are very inhuman if you stop to think about it. This idea that poor people need to work harder and are the reasons for their conditions is something we hear all the time growing up. The real reasons why people are suffering is down-played of overlooked. Mom’s says we are conditioned from a young age to believe children need to forever been in a mindset of leaving the nest. Why? Because being a capitalistic society, the need for as many people paying individual rent, utility cost, car and insurance, all the things we shell out money for all the time, having all the separate households doing this keeps large organizations going. They count on the division. We have families who won’t reach out to their homeless family members. What kind of humans are we that we don’t care if a member of our own family is homeless, especially if it’s due to no fault of their own? Americans are literally taught to be cruel and inhumane early in life. It’s just coming to a peak. All the cruelty. The 5% keep working hard to bring about change but it is very hard. I have to agree mom…all we can do is pray.

I'll Pray For You! 5 years 1 week ago #3964

• Brice
  • Premium Member
I never thought I’d say this but I also think some form of reparations is fair. It’s been hard for black people to prosper in this country because everything works against them. It takes being exposed to what is happening to actually see it. When I wasn’t involved with black people in any way, believing it was safer for me that way, I had no idea things are as bad as they are. When we actually see things as they are it’s not a pretty picture. I remember Lin always trying to correct dad when he got started. I would wonder why he did that, well now I understand why my brother did that. He was standing up for right and that’s clearly not an easy safe thing to do. Dad always got so mad at him and would hit him and tell him how much he didn’t like him. If not for mom I think he would have tried to take my brother’s life a long time ago. I can just see things so much clearly now. I tell my brother as often as I can how much I appreciate his bravery and how thankful and grateful I am he survived our father. I love you Bro!!!

I also will continue to support and give what I can to the programs that combat the housing disparities this country now faces. I will also join and remain in prayer for strength in this battle for the 5% of righteous leaders.

I'll Pray For You! 5 years 1 week ago #3965

• Jay
  • Administrator
I am one of those who contributes to the cause and sometimes I do feel like we are just spinning our wheels. It’s hard when every step we take forward something happens that knocks us three steps back. Sometimes I wonder what’s going on. I wonder if we will be able to deal with the new waves that come crashing in on us. But we always come out looking pretty good. Justin is right we are we are pulling ahead and all is not lost. We just had a wave of new donors reach out to us. It’s like the media reports all the bad things wealthy people are doing like the college thing, but it seems to never say anything about the positive things some of us do. But that’s fine, the media does not typically have an interest in positive things happening in our society. The prayers are working and we will continue to fight the good fight because we don’t know any other way.
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds