Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Discussion about 2 Documentaries on HBO!

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3645

• Justine
  • Premium Member
Deep down I always knew Sandra was murdered. The documentary just confirmed it. I also heard the family was award over a million dollars which means they did kill her and covered it up. It's heart breaking and sickening. WE have the wrong people in important positions. People who should not be in positions were they come into direct contact with the people they hate because they are racist and they actually think their sickening lives are more valuable than that of a person of color.

As for the situation in Southern Rites, I have been guilty of sneaking boys into my parents house after hours. I did it twice dad, mom. We weren't smoking pot be we were drinking. We weren't having sex but we were making out. So as a young lady I can relate to the daughter and honestly say this situation was blown way out of proportion and I can see why she doesn't want to live in the house or see her father. He went to far and she saw a ugly side of him, a side that is full of racial hatred toward black people and it is devastating. She was being a teenager, these are the things we do. NO one should lose their life for it, No One!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3650

• Jess
Both of these situations are tragic. Racism is a very terrible problem in this country. Both of these situations are examples of just how tragic racism. No the young man should not have been shoot. All of us males are guilty of sneaking into a girls window after hours. It's just something young boys and girls do. We are not dead! This boy should not be dead and he should have gotten more time than he did.

Sandra was murdered by law enforcement officers. This is unacceptable and can no longer be tolerated under any circumstances.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3653

• Vicki
  • Premium Member
I had a chance to view both documentaries over the weekend and I have to say, I can see the situation from all angles when it comes to what happened tot he young man in Southern Rites. I think we live in a society that is built on fear and unfortunately we are all taught to fear the black male. It is ingrained in our fiber to believe they are dangerous and this is leading to a reaction of shoot to kill first and figure it out later. I'm not saying it's right I'm saying until the messages about black people change to the truth, people will keep believing the lie, which brings us back to the issues with shows like the 1st 48, this will continue to be a problem. At some point we need to address the core of the problem and deal with it.

Say my name, Sandra Blands story is an entirely different matter. This is down right horrible. This is blatant murder and I am horrified by what happened to this beautiful young women. Since when are we not allowed to speak. He is a police officer but that doesn't make him her parent. He had no right to tell her to put her cigarette out? None of what happened should have happened. It is a very tragic situation and what makes it more devastating is this was done by law enforcement officers that should be behind bars right now not out victimizing more innocent citizens. Legal criminals is what they are.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Vicki.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3659

• Loreen
  • Administrator
I'm am really upset about Sandra, not shocked, but upset that she was murdered inside a damn jail cell. It's just heartbreaking. The whole thing is horrible, disturbing, and sad.

Southern Rites, I agree with the fellas on this I have had boys sneak into my window at night. It's something teenagers do. I don't think he deserved to lose his life for being a teenager, doing what teenagers do.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3678

• Ryan
  • Premium Member
Southern Rites: Well, I don't think they did anything that isn't typical for young teenage boys. I don't think he had to kill him. I agree we've all done this when we were young horny boys. I did several times. I was caught, reprimanded, and sent home. A mother caught me once and invited me into her room. I accepted. I was young, dumb and full of you know...I didn't die for it. He didn't have to shoot him much less kill him.

Say her name. I saw this and I can't believe how blatant her murder was. OMG...This is beyond tragic but as long as we have a devil in the presidency things are going to get worse. I wish we could do away with the republicans who are in congress right now the mean and the women. There can be a new party but not the republican one. The republican party is full of corrupt people all over t his country. We can't expect them to do anything about trump, they all lie, cheat, and manipulate to get what they want at tax-payer expense.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3682

• Lydia
  • Premium Member
Mason, you should change the title of this thread. :lol: :lol: . It's misleading. :blink:

Okay the documentaries: The one about Sandra. This was very hard for me. It was just painful to actually watch what is clearly a tragic end to a vibrant beautiful young woman's life. We need to do something about what kind of men and women we are allowing to have law enforcement authority. People we the tax payers are employing to serve in a dignified, honorable capacity. I don't want to pay people to be legal criminals. i know the family was awarded a settlement but that doesn't solve the problem. We need to solve the problem.

It the documentary about that young black man who was killed by the white father. I agree he should not have been in the man's house but like has been stated, it's a teenage boy and girl thing, sneaking people into the house who shouldn't be there. It happens. Parents don't typically kill the teenager in their house, at their teenagers invitation. Even if it's after hours, especially if it's after hours. I know that there's a stigma when it comes to the black male, but it's a stigma, that's it. Again, this is not something that should be tolerated any longer, he deserved to go to jail and it should have been for longer.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds