Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Discussion about 2 Documentaries on HBO!

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3620

• Deb
  • Elite Member
Say her name, I'm pissed nothing was done about what clearly happened all around to Sandra. I noticed that officer looking up at that camera several times before heading back to some lone cell in the back, where they obvious use to torture people. I don't trust their coroner either. She was probably raped and they cleaned her up. The whole scene seems staged. And why is she not on the gurney when it comes for back by the cell she was kept in? Something seriously bad happened here and that sheriff stinks of corruption. He want's people leaving his jail healthier than they were when they came in. BULLSHIT!! I'm pissed because they murdered her and because they are law enforcement they got away with it. All we have is the universal justifier who is Karma and I hope it hits all of them hard as hell. Damn murderers. :angry:

Southern Rites, now you know his ass was asking for something to happen. Damn right Mark, he lives there and he knew damn well he didn't have any business in that white mans house at that hour having sex with his underage daughter and smoking pot! What the hell! I mean come on. He couldn't have been in a black mans house at that hour in New York shit, having sex with his teenage daughter smoking pot at that hour. He couldn't have been a white kid in a white mans house at that hour smoking pot and having sex with his teenage daughter. He bit of more than he could chew and paid the price. I'm not mad at that old white man. I feel sorry for him if anything. I feel sorry for the young man's parents but their sons were out of line. She also needs her ass beat. Fast ass little heifer! :angry:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3623

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
Saw both documentaries. I'm not shocked by either of them. I do think in Southern Rites, the father had time to calm down and he should have just called the police and had the boys arrested for being in his home, sleeping with his underage daughter, and smoking an illegal drug in that state. The point is the boys were running retreating. You don't shoot a person who is retreating in the back. My point is he had time to think about what he was doing that's why he ended up doing a year in jail. If he had gotten up, saw them, and started shooting that would have been one thing. If he had gotten up, went into the room, saw them getting high and having sex, that would have been cause to shoot first and discuss it later, but he sat them down and started trying to scare them to death and when they ran he started shooting. He made them feel like they had to escape, an old southern tactic when dealing with black males. It didn't work, they first felt the need to get away so one rushed him and the other ran. He caused that which makes what he did premeditated or aggravated. It wasn't spontaneous, by surprise. He should feel some shame because he knows he wanted to scare them and throw his proverbial weight around.

Say her name: I immediately saw the officer that seemed so damn suspicious looking up at that camera. I also question why she was put back in that cell. She was arrested illegally, her civil rights were violated, and she was man handled thus assaulted and nothing happened to the officer who perpetrated all these crimes, really? Bottom line is there is definitely a cover up and this will continue in this country until we stop appointed rednecks into positions of power like police chief, district attorney, judge, congressman, teachers, doctors, and law enforcement officers. racist people should never hold positions that require a none bias approach when handling the public. I think she was murdered to cover up the whole illegal way she was handled, especially in light of what was currently going on around the country. They had to silence their living witness. She should have remained silent for her own safety. Moral to this story, when you are in a situation where the odds are stacked against you, please button your lips. She was talking way to much. It's like Mason says, when a woman is in a dysfunctional, abusive relationship, she shouldn't stand up and tell her husband how she's going to leave him and take everything from him. She's 'more than likely end up dead if she messing with a mentally unstable spouse.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3624

• Kelton
  • Elite Member
Okay...saw Southern Rites, I have to agree with Mark. He held them in his house at gunpoint. I mean dude, if your gonna shoot shoot for crying out loud. Haven't they seen 'The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly'? What was he trying to prove? He knows he messed up that's why he feels bad. Let me tell you, if I kill someone for being in my house at 3 in the AM, poking my daughter, smoking grass, I'm not going to feel bad about that shit. But if I did like he did, waddling in my white male skin and feeling myself as I lorded it over this black boys, I'd feel bad too.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3627

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Okay my brother, you have a point about what happened in 'Southern Rites'. I also agree about Sandra's mouth. She was a talker and she talked herself into an early grave. We have to know when to shut the hell up. It's not safe and it's never a good idea to allow our mouths to right checks our butts can't cash. It was wrong but living in black skin means always being aware you are in black skin at all time.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3628

• Rod
  • Elite Member
We watched both documentaries over the weekend. 'Say Her Name', Sandra Bland's story. I was stunned to read at the end all charges were dropped in the end and nothing would happen to the officer who clearly violated Sandra's civil rights. I did take not of that officer that kept looking up at the camera and I immediately wondered why he was doing that. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up when he headed back toward the cell where Sandra was being held. I don't know why she was away from everyone else and why she was in such a big cell. I'm assuming they house multiple people there but they were a little empty. I think she was in a dangerous situation from the moment he took her from her car. I too wish she had just been quiet. But I have to wonder if this wasn't the plan. I can't help but wonder if this has happened before. I think it's disgusting that these kinds of people are in positions that allow them to have authority over other people for any amount of time. I just saw a video this morning on the news NYP are literally ripping a baby out of the arms of her mother. They are ganging up on this woman. This is NEVER necessary and not though was given to the child at all. We have a problem in this country and we simply can't ignore it we can't.

'Southern Rites' this one I am conflicted about. I think it's unfortunate but I too wonder about the mindset of the man who ultimately shot the young man. For me that is the deciding factor. It appears that was the case with the courts as well and this is why he had to do a year in jail. I also tend to believe haven been confronted with the error in his thinking during the time he held the boys in his home at gun point, is why he feels the worse. Trust me we know when we are doing something wrong. Racism is wrong and deep down racial motivated violence is wrong. Deep down We ALL KNOW THIS! This is why it is covered up, denied, and brushed under the rug. Everyone knows this is savage uncivilized behavior and not how a supposed superior ethnicity should behave. It is savage, uncivil, inhumane, thus not the action of a superior race within a species.

Now, I also agree that, if he had come from his room, saw them in his home at 3am, and started shooting, I would have been more comfortable. .I don't think anyone should expect a father to be all right with waking up in the wee hours of the morning to find strange males in his house, smell pot, and his young daughter is in the house. It would not matter their ethnicity they would be shot if it was me. Unfortunately he crossed a dangerous line when he held them at gunpoint. That's a hostage situation and he forced them to attempt an escape.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3630

• Mike
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 1
And Doc Rod…they were retreating, which means they posed no threat. He could have let them run at that point, called the police, and pressed charges. He then needed to deal with his wayward daughter, and he would have came out of the whole thing smelling like a rose.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds