Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Discussion about 2 Documentaries on HBO!

Discussion about 2 Documentaries on HBO! 5 years 4 months ago #3571

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
First: We have a bad president and I was working at my desk and looked up as the train carrying George H Bush, our 41st president pass through a city in Texas. I was brought to tears because all of this shows how thirsty we are for a normal president, a decent, honorable president. The outpouring of love surrounds his family and reminds us, what we are living with now is horrible and definitely not normal.

Second: I have been asked if Mason and Carla are one in the same and Yes, I am Carla my pen name is Mason. We are one in the same. So, you can address me by my real name or you can address me by my author name, which ever one makes you comfortable I really don’t care. :cheer: Where can you find latest articles: they are posted under the Articles tab, scroll down to The Ephesus View. This is where all new articles are posted. You can see the first article posted archived on the site dated October of 2013, it describes the Gnostic Faith, If you want to see all articles, in the same box at the top it says Ephesus View, click it and all articles will show up. The blog is under the News tab. To join the forum you must email Marcus, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Jay, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Jackee, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. or me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we will add you to the site. This is the only way to join the conversation as we could not leave joining open due to the many scams and site problems that accompanied traditional ways of joining our site.

Third: Now, the primary reason I am opening this thread is because I would like for everyone to look at two documentaries that are on HBO before winter meeting. The first one is: ‘Say Her Name’: The Life and Death of Sandra Bland , and the second one is ‘Southern Rites’. I want us to discuss what we can learn from these kinds of situations, what we can do to save lives, and where our emotional support and prayers can be most beneficial. Parents, please take note of the things that stand out in your minds, particularly parents of minority children. There is teaching we need to do here. It is something we will talk about with our children and I’d say allow them to watch the documentaries with you. Older kids, this needs to be a SS assignment in January. I tell you this, part of ending these kinds of tragedies starts with having some discussions with your youths and alter what we are going to emphasize going forward particularly when it comes to parenting and educating our children.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Mason.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3573

• Val
  • Premium Member
Thanks Mason, I had so many people asking questions about joining the group and wondering if we will start a facebook page that will help them join the group, the faith.

I'll be watching those documentaries as well. :cheer:

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3575

• Aaron
  • Premium Member
I saw the Sandra Bland documentary Mason and all I could do is shake my head. It made me trembled and it was hard to stop. It's a level of hate that is extremely uncomfortable. I'm anxious to discussing it during the winter meeting.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3578

• Shawn
  • Premium Member
I'm going to watch the documentaries Mason, and I want to say I agree with you about the death of George H W Bush. Trump is so bad we are really grieving when we lose a good upstanding leader in our society. American Society. We live in hard times. really hard.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3580

• lindsey
  • Premium Member
Yeah...the way the country is makes all of us mourn the passing of a really good man who was president. That's how bad things are and it's sad.
I watched the Sandra Bland story and it was really sad. I cried with her family and for her family. She was so full of life. I don't think she committed suicide I think she was murdered. We are going to have some interesting conversations during winter meeting.

New Gnostic Members and Vistitors to the Site! 5 years 4 months ago #3581

• Brice
  • Premium Member
I have to agree with you Mason on the presidential issue. It's becoming hard to stomach having such a horrible person in the presidential seat these days, it literally is disgusting and hard to stomach.

I saw the prom documentary the second one you mentioned. I saw it a while ago, it turns into a story about a young black guy being killed. I'm not sure how I feel about it, they should not have been in that mans house at that hour smoking pot and having sex with his daughter who is really just the daughter of a niece who left her with this man when she was an infant. I think she was 14, I'm not sure I'm all that upset with him for shooting.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Brice.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds