Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Discussion about 2 Documentaries on HBO!

Discussion about 2 Documentaries on HBO! 5 years 4 months ago #3700

• Brad
  • Premium Member
Okay I never went prowling in another man's house even when I was young but I know people, my brother, who did. I don't think he had to shoot that boy and I think he knows he didn't have to shoot him to. It haunts him and it should. He has to square that with himself. I mean, taking a life is a serious thing. You know what, when you take a life in self defense it's easier to square that with yourself. When you take a life while upholding the law, you can square that with yourself, when you take lives at a time of war during battle, you can square that with yourself. But whenever you take a life for the wrong reasons or in the wrong way, or a life is lost do to something you have done or said, it's not easy to square that inside yourself.

For the animals that murdered Sandra, they are worse than the criminals they lock up. In fact, they should be behind bars themselves. Just not the kind of people we want to be arming and giving them positions of authority.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Discussion about 2 Documentaries on HBO! 5 years 4 months ago #3703

• Benji
  • Premium Member
I think I will be glad when something happens that actually changes the tragic situation with law enforcement and how they literally get away with murder. They should not be able to just pay off families and it's business as usual. Sandra was murdered and we have no honest answers but again, we don't actually need verbal confirmation we can come to the obvious conclusions by just looking at all the evidence unfold before our eyes when we watch the documentary.

I tend to agree with the two young black men having no business in the old, southern, white mans house. They are black, they live in a very racist town in Georgia, and they were in a white, racist, republican, man's house. We all know what kind of environment we live in. I don 't think the old white guy had to kill them, but I don't think they should have been doing what teenage boys do in the environment they live in. I think he should have gotten more time and the whole situations is extremely tragic, for the young girls involved, I think she saw just how ugly and deadly racism really is and it devastated her.

Discussion about 2 Documentaries on HBO! 5 years 4 months ago #3706

• Mary
  • Premium Member
"Say Her Name", Sandra's story really struck a cord in me. I was overcome with grief because it was so painfully obvious she was murdered. It was or is even more sad that she was murdered by law enforcement officers. This is just not what we expect from men and women sworn to uphold the law. It's a tragedy that should never go uninvestigated and there has to always be accountability.

"Southern Rites", There is no way in hell he had to shot that young man. He knows he didn't have to do that and I think he should still be in jail for murder. I agree, this is the fruit of racism. It is a very hateful behavior and leads to nothing but pain, destruction, and sorrow.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds