Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Comfort Within!

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3674

• Carmine
  • Elite Member
Just like her mother Karen. We have you too honey and she’s free now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3676

• Ryan
  • Premium Member
My heart goes out to Karen and it was a very eye-opening revelation for me. I know as a man I have to value my wife and always remember that she is my partner and her views, opinions, and feelings are valid and valued.

I’m telling you, life is showing us how much we all insist on verbal confirmation before we will take responsibility for a situation even if it’s acknowledging that a situation is what it is. To many people live in a delusional world. They want things to be the way they want them to be and refuse to see the reality of a situation. It’s not just women, it’s all people who form ideas and try to make everything around them conform to those ideas. The fact is our ideas might not be in line with reality and we can’t force our ideas on others and try to distort their reality.

When I read this article I was reminded of the 95/5. This world is full of 95 type people and they don’t think on a higher level so it’s easy for them to form views based on unrealistic notions. This is why it’s easy for religion to have such a great impact on and in our lives. It gives us these notions. I totally agree with Mason about how difficult it is to function in the capacity that has been decided is the norm in our society for our genders. It’s hard to functions in these capacities most of the time and somewhere down the line at some point in our life we lose our way, we don’t make good decisions, we don’t react in a way that is expected.

I have never had a situation like the one Shawn found himself in, but I have been in the presence of people who I had a feeling weren’t on the up and up. They didn’t scare me but I knew I couldn’t trust them. With that said, I think fine-tuning our sixth sense is simply beneficial to our well-being all around.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3680

• Lydia
  • Premium Member
I think we need to fine-tune our sixth sense so we know who not to get involved with before we get involved with them. My mother is not a good woman and she was very hard on dad and us kids. She has a new family now but as expected she is getting a divorce. I actually think this is her third marriage. She didn’t have kids with her second husband. I just think we could avoid divorce, and involving innocent children if we just fine-tune our sixth sense and take responsibility for what it warns. That mean heed it’s warnings because it will save us so much heartache.

I have seen how secondary remedies for peace of mind can be misused and it is best to have a long-term plan. The substitutes only take the edge of for a little while. It seems a way of finding permanent was of inner peace are more desirable.

I have also had people make me uncomfortable but nothing like what Shawn experienced. I think it’s important to have your sixth sense warn you about something or someone because it can literally be the difference between life and death. I’ll continue working on mine.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3686

• Chris
  • Elite Member
Substitutes ways to take the edge off, man do I know about those. I use to drink way too much. It was my way of coping with horrific life. I had a bad marriage and I just felt I had no control. I can tell you that is not the way to go. It just makes it worse. Because, for one thing, a drunk mind speaks a sober tongue. If you’ve never heard that before and don’t know what it means, well it means when you are drunk you have the courage and the don’t give a shit attitude that allows you to say and do things you would show some restraint if you were sober. Sometimes you think things when you sober you would never say to a person because it would hurt them, you might get your ass kicked, lose your job, you know things like that. When you drunk you don’t care about any of the consequences your actions will have. So, drinking makes your life far more hellish than whatever other problems we are trying to escape.

Man this none verbal communication thing. I’m going to be honest, I never paid this that much attention until now. I’m telling you, watching people is serious. It tells you so much. I’m realizing I can tell a lot about people just watching them for a few minutes. I do think we all need to hear shit to much. Everything about a relationship should be clear. My first wife didn’t love my ass. She loved my money, but she didn’t love me. Everything she did screamed she didn’t love me. But I waddled in that marriage, waiting for her to verbally confirm what everything around me screamed was the reality. I just kept telling myself, she never said she didn’t love me. Man was I stupid. LOL. What makes it so bad, was when she finally did say it, in so many words, never directly, I just nodded, then I had the nerve to be hurt. Michael said, “It’s not like she showed you love bro”, and I said. “Yeah…I knew she didn’t love me”. So se confirmed it. Then Michael said. “You don’t love her either”, and I pulled it together and said, “I can’t stand that bitch!” That felt good to say and I was sober this time. I felt free and my desire to drink left me. I told her “Give me my damn kids and you go straight to hell!” Those were my exact words. I took what was mine and I bounced.

Now my wife my real wife, I love the hell out of my wife and I know she loves me. I said I would never marry again but she said, “but baby,” and I said “I lied, let’s do this,” and here we are happy. Everybody is doing better, even the ex. I think, I don’t care.

I have started the fine-tuning thing and it’s fun. It is surprising what it will tell you about people around you.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3696

• Rhena
  • Premium Member
Honey you are so funny. I didn’t think I’d ever marry either because of what happened to me when I was a child. I took one look at you and I had to have you. My sixth sense was right about you.

As you all know, I have had a scare similar to what Shawn felt. I knew I was going to die. It’s an indescribable feeling. I have not felt that way again thank God. I’ve had some feelings about people but never, nothing like I felt with the man who attacked me when I was a teenager. I’m a firm believer of fine-tuning the sixth sense. I’m working on mine all the time now.

I’ve had some trouble in life and I’ve turned to smoking pot and drinking to take the edge off, and I have to say it just made my problems more complicated. I also agree that we know our partners because I know my husband pretty well.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3699

• Brad
  • Premium Member
I really liked what Mason said because I feel that struggle. I especially felt it while married to my first wife. I just would look in the mirror and shake my head. I didn’t know my ass from a hole in the ground. I’m serious. Sometimes I didn’t know what the hell to do. I wanted to cry but that’s not masculine, so I turned to those substitute ways of comfort. I drank like a fish out of water. I agree that only makes the situation worse but it takes the edger off for a minute or it did. It’s just hard to play your role when you’re in a horrible situation, married to a pawn of hell.

I have never had anyone make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck and I don’t want to. I just don’t know how I’d act. I think about that other documentary Mason told us to watch, ‘Unseen’. This murdering serial killer was chilling. I think they prey on the weak so you encounter them when you are vulnerable. The one in the elevator with Shawn and his co-worker immediately knew he wouldn’t have easy targets. They are weak and they prey on people when they are most vulnerable.

I do think it’s important to pay attention to the other ways we communicate with each other. Gestures can tell us a lot about a person’s intent. I agree with Carmine about the situation in Colorado, this stupid need for verbal confirmation is flat out deadly. I think fine-tuning our sixth sense is simply in our best interest and I look forward to practicing fine-tuning mine.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds