Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Comfort Within!

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3560

• Josh
  • Premium Member
What immediately spoke to me was the substitute forms of comfort we turn to in an attempt to find some peace. I was drinking and growing more and more distant with each passing day. The thing about being surrounded by negativity is it is all consuming and many wealthy people are negative Mason and Mark. They don’t want to do this and they don’t want to do that. They think everyone who is not in their same financial sphere is evil, undeserving, unworthy. They are wealthy and want for nothing but compassion, kindness, and consideration. Yes, they think about image and want to be seen as leaders and upstanding when they are usually pretty negative and immoral. Money makes people forget God and forget Morals. I recovered as soon as I picked up the phone and called my parents.

I’m going to start working on the sixth sense thing. It sounds so intriguing. I know it has to be true. I’ll tell you what, my grandmother makes chills run up and down my spine. I think she is the sickness that destroyed grandpa. She’s evil dad and she gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3561

• Barb
  • Premium Member
I can agree that people who are wealthy care too much about their social standing. My mother made me sick and she still does. Have you ever seen the way rich white women in the south behave? All the fundraising, and get-togethers they attend. Have you seen ‘Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil’? If so, remember the wives all gathered at wealthy woman’s house the writer went to speak to? They care about the views of their peers. That’s all they have. It’s a big social life when you are wealthy. One Rod rejected and that really angered his mother whom, I agree Josh, is the problem in the family. She is evil and I could not stand her. I’m glad you came home and you are better now.

I have had a time or two when someone near me immediately gave me an uneasy feeling. The first thing I did was tell myself I was being silly but I will not be telling myself that again. I would also like to say this was not minority males either, I remember a well-dressed white male, and a young white female. There was something about them that gave me the chills.

I agree we need to be aware of how each other feels in a relationship and those feeling need to matter. It’s obvious this is what holds a marriage together even when there are outside of the relationship obstacles, attentiveness will hold that marriage together.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3562

• Jazze
  • Premium Member
I think when people have to many problems at home they are the ones who turn to drug use the fastest. I had a friend who didn’t get along with her mother at all. They were well off, like us, but they didn’t have the relationship with their parents we had. She was always getting high. It started with weed, then it went to stronger stuff like cocaine. She never recovered. As far as I know she’s still a mess. I think good parents take actions when they see that their kids are falling off the track. I feel like her parents just let her go because they had too much other stuff to do. JJ I have to say, I think dad has been through hell. Rebecca didn’t scare me, at least not at first. But RJ scared me from the minute they moved in. He just wasn’t right. I didn’t like being alone with him.

Ben scared me too. I told Rebecca he scared me and she sighed and told me he was what she deserved. She rubbed my back and told me to stay away from anyone who made me feel uncomfortable. She said her and Ben were cut from the same cloth and one day I would understand. I think she knew he would be the death of her. She felt she deserved it because of how she treated dad.

Lin…you dad scared me as much as Ben did. I knew he would hurt you. That’s why I didn’t want you to go see him when he called you over. I had a bad feeling all day and when you said you were going to see you dad I felt like I was going to throw up. I knew he was going to do something to hurt you in some way.

I’m going to get to work fine-tuning my sixth sense. I want to know what’s going on around me at all times.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3563

• Miles
  • Premium Member
I didn’t have much inner peace growing up either, it was because of my mother and her side of the family. They literally thrive on chaos and the profess to be Christians. I was one of those who turned to drugs and alcohol to ease my mind and I can vouch for the statement the substitute became the problem in the end. Adolescence is a hard stage. It’s the stage where you start just rebelling and sometimes you don’t know why. This need to be defiant just takes over. This is where most parents lose their kiddos if they aren’t careful. It’s a hard stage that I remember well. I understand what my grandfather meant, it takes a village. I’m glad Beth and I have a Gnostic village :cheer: .

I remember being alone in an elevator with the man who attacked my father. with the man who. I was young and he kept smiling at me. A chill ran down my spine and he winked at me when the elevator doors opened. It wasn’t my floor but I got off the elevator anyway. Something told me to get off and it was a strong feeling so I listened. That’s one time that stands out in my memory because it was so strong. The sense of danger that is. I don’t like elevators. I am looking forward to fine tuning my 6th sense though :cheer: .
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Miles.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3564

• Carmine
  • Elite Member
My father gave me that feeling. He terrified me as a child. I did not love him I fucking feared him, as did so many others. No one disturbed me more than my father. I’m not sure if any of you have paid attention to that man who murdered his family in Colorado. Killed his pregnant wife and two daughters. I think…why didn’t she see that coming? I think when an adult refuses to take safety steps and it results in the death of children, the adult deserves what they get. She knew something was wrong and she refused to accept it. Mason always says we can’t make people be what we want them to be they are who and what they are. People have got to get that through their head. The article is right we have to many pre-conceived notions, ideas about how one sex is supposed to be in life, in relationships. I’ll say this, men typically do pay attention to the rise of the hairs on the back of our neck, it’s in our nature to sense danger, it’s why we are literally taken by surprise when we are killed. Women second guess what they fell all the time. The really do need to stop doing that dumb shit. I sensed it in prison and I was always ready for it in ways that shocked my prison mates. I had to be the old me, but I knew it was just because of where I was, and I would be able to be the new me once I was out because I like the new me.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3565

• Tina
  • Premium Member
When I was young, my mother was a prostitute. Some of the men who came for servicing were really scary. One, I knew he was going to do something the minute he came in. I thank him though because if not for him I could have ended up selling ass just like my mother. It was all around me My mother worked with three other ladies and the one who took him didn’t survive what he did to her. We couldn’t get to her in time. That’s when I realized it only takes a second to kill someone. He killed her and my mom’s pimp killed him. No police were called they just both disappeared. I knew that was no the life for me and it literally changed the course of my life. The house was cold all the time after that and we ended up moving. My mother’s pimp said he killed her because he wanted my mother not her. He was just evil I do want to fine-tune my senses because I want to know when I’m in danger, when my kids are in danger, and when my husband is in danger.

I think it’s hard to see through all the visual noise so paying attention to the none verbal ways of speaking is the most important thing we can do. Why do you need to have that to accept something is real? It’s the strangest thing.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds