Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Comfort Within!

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3587

• Ebony
  • Elite Member
Mason…thank you for opening our eyes to the seriousness of how stressful societal norms are on all of us. I honestly long for the normality in UE. Virgil creates societies that allow folks to live peaceful happy, content lives. The world would be so much better if things were the way they are in the UN territories in UE.

The article really breaks down why things are so stressful in life. WE don’t know how to find inner peace as individuals. All of this unrest, WOW. It’s clear, people turned to drinking, crack, and promiscuity trying to find a sense of peace in their lives. It’s like a cancer and at some point we have to care about what is happening to humanity. I saw how they are giving poor black single mothers $1000 a month to help them do what they need to do to improve their lives. 16 women. Mark…are we rubbing off on people (big smile). We have to start doing more for people because it’s hard.

I have had people literally scare the shit out of me like what happened to Shawn. The man who raped my cousin, and I also had a white supremacist verbally attack me on a college campus. I feared for my life and he literally threatened my life. I also was pulled over by an officer before I married Justin, about a week before I meet him actually. He was so mean and rude to me it scared me. I was trembling. I did everything he asked and didn’t say anything unless he asked me a question. I know how TJ felt when he was pulled over. It’s a terrifying experience and it shouldn’t be ignored. My problem is it scares me at first and then it pisses me off. I’ve gotten bad feelings about teachers, doctors, just normal everyday people in job positions we wouldn’t think would be the kind of people who make us uncomfortable. I’ve had to find primary care doctors because the doctor I was assigned to was so not wanting to have me as a patient. I can’t believe people go into the medical profession and they are racist but they do. You would think these people are smarter, better, above petty behaviors like racism. It’s disgusting.

I know how hard it is to be the male in a family, especially a black male. I watched my father struggle. I watched him drink sometimes to much to take the edge off. I watched my mother struggle to keep him standing. I am a firm believer that behind every good man is a GREAT WOMAN!!! I absolutely believe that the man is not more significant than the woman, we compliment each other and are equal in the sight of the Most High. I didn’t begin to find inner peace until I married my precious husband that I thank the Most High for keeping every single day. He did not have to be here. He’s to soft-hearted and it has been a dangerous road for him. No more, I put the breaks on fast now. His first wife is a little tough but he doesn’t deal with her anymore I do. He’s done being dogged and walked on.

I’m definitely going to work on my sixth sense too because I know that works. Look at Shawn and the brotha in the elevator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3588

• Justin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Mason, your empathy is amazing. I never thought about how stressful our society is on men but you are right. We have quite a bit to carry on our shoulders. We grow up hearing big boys don’t cry, so we learn to mask of swallow our emotions. We learned we are supposed to be tuff and brave, so we mask our fears early in life and when it’s time to start drinking, bring it on. We, those of us who grow up in wealthy homes, are raised by nannies. I had a governess up until I turned 13. I saw little of my parents and I am an only child. My problem is human companionship. I grew up thirsty for people to be with, be around, be loved, be wanted. It has led me to make some questionable choices as an adult, especially when it comes to getting married. I wanted lots of children because I didn’t want to have one child and have them fell like me, alone. I don’t like wooden spoons because I was always hit with a wooden spoon. I am constantly aware of the needs of my children because no one seemed to care about my needs as a child. I’m not just talking about shelter, clothing, shoes, food, all that stuff. I’m talking about being heard, being seen, knowing they are loved and they matter.

What happens is we kind of go wild when we are able to be free and that is out of our parent’s home. College WaaaHOOO I did everything under the sun, meth, crack, cocaine, heroin, I drank. I barely made it out of college. I married the first girl that made me feel like I mattered. I didn’t pay attention to anything about her. I began to see things when it was to late. She began to get pregnant and I was so happy I was going to be a father I just dealt with all the things I knew were a serious problem. Three kids later I had enough. She’s an alcoholic, and very verbally abusive. One thing I never did was tell her anything about my families finances. She didn’t know my ole man was loaded until we were divorced. She was furious. She dropped the kids off and told me to go to hell as she walked away and got into the car with a guy we went to school with who was very abusive toward females, and who used all kinds of drugs. She’s a drug addict now.

Rebecca was the most beautiful women I’d ever seen. I had to make it work with her she was beautiful. Nothing I did was ever going to work, when I realized that, she decided I was betraying her and she stabbed me several times. I couldn’t believe it but what disturbed me more was the vacant look in her eyes when she did it. There was nothing there, and the room was suddenly very cold. Jake saved my life. He ran into his mother with so much force it knocked her down. He then screamed at her and told her to get out. I reached for the phone and called an ambulance and then immediately started trying to calm my son down. Rebecca slowly backed away but the vacant look in her eyes remained. Jacobi faced her bravely, standing over me when I fell and daring her to come near me again. At that point Jason ran into the room with some of his friends. One of them grabbed Becca and held her there until the police arrived. They arrived minutes before the ambulance, and I remember looking into the tear-filled eyes of my then youngest son and desperately wanting to tell him I was going to be all right, but I didn’t think I was going to survive.

I woke up in the hospital surrounded by my family. Jim and Karen were there and Karen was so upset I held out my hand toward her and she collapsed in tears. I couldn’t speak. I was so weak and still not sure I was going to live. Then Mark looked down at me and tears rolled from my eyes. He is always there, always. He told me I’m wasn’t leaving and I smiled and nodded. That’s when I knew I was going to be all right. I have seen this vacant look in Becca’s eyes before but I told myself it was going to be all right. I refused to deal with what I knew was obvious until it was almost too late. She was angry when I embraced Shawn.

One thing becoming Gnostic has taught me is I have got to think about myself, something I had never done before. I found a woman that takes care of me and looks out for me. Ebony is everything I’ve ever wanted in my life and I am now made whole. I am going to work on paying attention to my sixth sense because it has spoken to me on many occasions. It’s time to start listening.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3590

• Kelton
  • Elite Member
Yes baby…you are so special and unique. That’s a serious dose of real right there. I’m thinking, I was messed up after my parents died. I cleaved to my sister and relied on her emotionally to help me get through it. I thought she needed me as well. I guess she found someone that helped her through it. I’m trying to work with how she turned her back on me. Now she wants to at least be my friend. I’m struggling because it was so cold, how she treated me was so cold. It’s hard for me to get passed how cold it was. I saw the coldness in her eyes when she told me she didn’t want me to come back to the house. It was like someone hit me over the head with a brick. I can’t even remember walking away. I didn’t know what to do. When I got back to our place, I realized I was the one who paid for everything so nothing had changed other than I just lost the only family I ever had. I absolutely never recovered from that day. I will probably never be more than cordial to her, she is my sister but she is not my family.

I haven’t really had someone make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, no one has affected me the way what my sister did to me affected me. Nothing compared, nothing has ever been worse. I have to admit, being with this group is fine-tuning my senses and that’s a good thing. I’m big on none verbal ways of communicating, I think we learn more from watching instead of talking.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3593

• Shawn
  • Premium Member
Pop Justin, I think that’s how I recognized the coldness I felt in the elevator. I remember how cold she always gazed at me. There was no feeling in her, just coldness. I know what you are talking about.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3594

• TJ
  • Premium Member
I’m really impressed with this article. I agree with how hard it is to find inner peace especially if you grow up in a poor, abusive home as a child. You have fear that never leaves you and it makes you suspicious of everyone around you. It’s hard to trust and you’re always waiting for the axe to fall. It’s scary being a husband and a father. All of the pre or ill-conceived notions make life hell. All the shit religion puts on us. It’s bad.

I’ve seen a people turn to all sorts of secondary alternatives to help them cope with the hand life has dealt them. I agree though, I want a permanent way to achieve contentment. It’s hard.

I have had experiences that exposed me to some real scary people but I was a scary child. I’m not sure if it was a strong sense of personal danger or if it’s just be being scary. With that I will be fine-tuning my sixth-sense and Shawn…that’s some real scary shit bro. I can’t say I’ve ever felt anything like that but I would like to think I would sense it if it was close. I have to be able to do that because I have to protect my wife and kiddos. I have to protect myself. I’m going to start paying more attention, and I agree, we know who we are married to. I know what Alex is all about and I should. I’m sure she knows me as well. I tell you what, it feels good to live open and honestly, having no secrets from you partner, I know that. It does help achieve inner peace.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3596

• Ashley
  • Premium Member
Okay…I saw that in Becca too. We did not get along and she gave me that cold look on several occasions. Becca actually did make me extremely uncomfortable.
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds