Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Comfort Within!

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3574

• Aaron
  • Premium Member
I tried the secondary ways in my search for peace. I was so uneasy in the presence of my grandparents and I agree, it’s grandmother more so than grandpa. She has cancer now and the first thing I thought is, she deserves it. She’s evil and her body is probably tired of incasing such an evil soul. Dad how did you survive in the house with her? Jordan, I know how you feel because I know what having a bad mother did to father. Shawn…dawg, that’s some scary shit bro. I wonder where he is now. I’m glad they let him go.

I can’t think of a person who has given me a feeling like Shawn has shared with us. I think Mason has just taken this in another direction. Man…it’s hard being a man in this world. It’s just hard. So much is expected. No one ever gives it any thought. No one seems to be paying attention. Why can’t we just have an easy life as equals? Why does one sex have to be better or more important than the other? This is why some men just want to be women but that’s not much easier. These expectations, ill-conceived notions are literally eroding the very fiber of our humanity. My God…these conversations get so very deep. I’m looking forward to the meeting this Winter. I’ll be practicing fine-tuning my sixth sense in the meantime.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3576

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Val…part of it is societal. Our culture teaches men they are the lead, they have to be the head, they have to be responsible for their families, their family is a reflection on and of them. That is an enormous amount of pressure seeing as it’s hard to control another human being. It’s hard. The pressure of the responsibility of just being a man can be extremely overwhelming. Men are human beings not some kind of supernatural, super strong in all way’s beings. They are flesh and blood and the weight of these societal, cultural, and religious expectations is not easy to carry. Now compound that with being abused as a child. We like to talk about the effects of abuse on women, you know them becoming promiscuous, too submissive, the whole self-esteem deficiencies are all taken into consideration when it comes to a woman’s failures. No one ever talks about how abuse effects the mentality of men. What exactly does it do to them? How can they be expected to be these superhumans they are expected to be when they have been so devastatingly treated as children? This is the primary reason why they are so controlling sometimes, they could not control what happen to him when they are young and vulnerable, so when they become adults, suffering from a form of PTSD, the control what they feel they now can. I know this because I was just talking to my daughter about my and my siblings PTSD issues being survivors of severe physical, emotional, sexual, and mental abuse. I am an excessive cleaner. I couldn’t control what happened to me as a child but I can clean up as much as I want to. I can control that. I hope that helps some honey. They aren’t just crazy, they come from troubled homes and they can’t become well-rounded people because of it.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3577

• Shawn
  • Premium Member
Mason, you’re right, he was fired. Wow!! I’ve been nervous, not going to my car alone or anything like that. I gave notice Mark…I’m done. I just want to work with people who are crazy. I’m coming to work for you. I’m so done. That was the final straw for me. Life has been hard enough and Mason…you are amazing. You make a grown man want to cry because you just speak to their soul. It’s scary…scary living as a man. How do we know peace? How do we find it? I can tell you how I started, by embracing my faith and my Gnostic family.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3579

• lindsey
  • Premium Member
I was born in a middleclass family and I think we were among the normal type of people so I insist on having peace and not allowing on person to disturb my peace. I spent most of my time reading this article nodded, in total agreement with what was in the article. Because I came from a well-rounded family I was able to see Aaron through clear eyes. I didn’t have any preconceived expectations.

I tell you what, Mason I love it when you break things down the way you do. We never consider how difficult living in a man’s skin actually is. We never realize who many ill-conceived notions we live with every single day. We never pay enough attention to the nonverbal confirmations we get in many different aspects of life. I have to agree with my husband. This article touched on so many deep-rooted issues we live with every day. We never give much thought to how much our way of life denies us inner peace and that is sad.

I haven’t or can’t recall anyone really making the hairs stand out or up on the back of my neck. Shawn that was a very scary situation you found yourself in. I’ve been uncomfortable around people but I’ve never felt anything like what some of you have described and I thank the Most High. I know I will be one lookout and I will be doing some practicing the sixth sense fine tuning exercise that’s for sure.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3582

• Brice
  • Premium Member
You know, our father had no idea of what being at peace with oneself meant. He did have a troubled childhood and it clearly caused him to have some trouble as an adult. I think the idea Mason has of undergoing psychological testing before being allowed to parent children should be mandatory. I think folks need to qualify to be allowed the privilege of having children. It should not be a right because clearly it’s not being done properly. I’m going to say this, look at trump supporters, all of them have a look of being slow thinkers, something is wrong with them. You can now spot them…they have the same look in their eyes and sometimes in their body type. Hate would stop if parents had to qualify to be parents, hate attributed to discrimination that is.

We watched our father turn to alcohol to ease his tension. I remember when he and Uncle Mike were good friends. He went down hill especially after the accident took him out of field work and put him behind a desk for what remained of his career. We watched him grow more and more bitter. It has affected my brother and I as well I agree, that kind of unrest in the home does greatly impact a child’s development. We were definitely products of our environment. Becoming Gnostic is what set us on the road to recovery, especially me. I’m not as negative, as cynical, no so pessimistic. I like myself better and I’m smiling more. (big smile) I’m a better person. I was saved and I thank the Most High for that I truly do.

I have had a white supremist send a chill down my spine and it was enough to make me pull away from the group of friends that tried to recruit me into their movement. Yes I had friends that tried to pull me into their racist movement. That’s what my negative disposition was attracting. The so called leader of the group just disturbed me in a way no one has ever disturbed me before. This people have a serious problem and their behavior should not be tolerated because it is dangerous not only to minorities but society, all of us in a community.

I am going to also work on my sixth sense ability because it could pretty well be why I haven’t recognized danger when it was present. I don’t pay enough attention to the people around me. I’m going to work on it to make me more aware of things that are going on.

Comfort Within! 5 years 4 months ago #3584

• Mike
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 1
That’s my job Courtney, I give a lot of people that feeling. But that’s a different kind of feeling then what say Shawn described. That’s a knowing I’m not to be messed with. I don’t play games. I’m not a toy. I mean business. There is a new thread here and Mason request that we view some documentaries to discuss. The one about the prom's in Georgia, well it started off with that story and turned into something else 'Southern Rites' is the title. See, what happened here happened once while I wasn't home. It never happened again so go watch the documentary.

Mason, Carla, that is so well stated. It explains the part of the article that touched on how men are somewhat predatorial. I think, so often, we are just expected to be so much more than is realistic. It’s hard to find and know real inner peace with so much on your shoulders. This is why some men don’t want children. It’s just to damn much. Imagine a man caught in the jaws of poverty. He can’t even provide adequately for his family, this is a major or expected responsibility of the male. When the environment you live in prevents you from performing in the manner you are expected it causes so many other problems, not just for the individual male, but for the society. This is why crime will always be a part of our lives. The pressure is to much to bear very often and many men simply snap. Yes, we want to control what we feel we can control. A man goes to work, has a overbearing boss, yelling at him, embarrassing him, degrading him, he can’t control how his boss treats him. He needs the job because he has to provide. He goes home and here he is in control. So more often than not they go over and beyond what is necessary for his position. It’s his, it’s what he can do with what he wants to do with. Mason is so right about that.

Of course, I’ve been in the company of many men and believe it or not, women who have made a hair or two stand up on my neck. There was on man that I refused to be alone with and I didn’t give a damn what anyone thought. He was a beast and he was treated so bad as a child her grew up to be a literal monster. I felt sorry for every woman he ever came into contact with because his mother treated him so bad as a child, he killed her when he turn 15. His mind snapped and he was a walking killing machine. He is dead now, killed by another inmate who attacked him before things went the other way. He was more than likely right, eventually this man would have killed many of them because he is soulless. When it’s that serious they send out intense negative vibrations, just don’t ignore it.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds